Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year. It is one of the few times when everyone in my family stops working and focuses on preparing for the holidays, instead. Every day life is always so busy and full of responsibilities. That is one of the reasons why I love the holidays so much. It reminds us to stop working and focus on what is truly important: family.


Like every family, we have our own Christmas Eve traditions. Every Christmas Eve, my mom and I spend the day listening to holiday songs, watching movies, and baking tons of cookies and cakes for the next day. Even though there always seems to be so much to do - I love every moment of it. For whatever reason, our Christmas Eve traditions just make me feel good. That's why I spend much of my holiday season looking forward to the day before the big event.


Something else I look forward to? Our annual drive around the neighborhood. Every Christmas Eve, my parents, brother, and I pile into the car and turn on the classical radio station. (They always play Christmas music, of course!) The next half hour is spent driving slowly up and down the streets looking at all of the Christmas lights.

Some houses have bright white icicle lights, others have bright multi-coloured lights, and some even have giant inflatable Santa Clauses on the lawn. It's always fun just driving around together. At the end of the night, we always choose the house that had the best decorations - and try to improve ours the next year! This is one Christmas tradition I couldn't live without.


Christmas is my favorite time of year...and Christmas Eve is my favorite day of it all! It's all about preparing for the holiday and spending time with loved ones. With the holidays coming up so quickly, I'm more excited than ever for our Christmas Eve drive. What is your favorite part of Christmas Eve?

~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...